Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby needs a new pair of shoes

When I first signed up for Pinterest (Do you not just love Pinterest? I am a Pinaholic! There, I've said it! If you have not yet made the plunge - I highly recomend it!) I found a tutorial about Mod Podged shoes and immediately pinned it - one of my very first pins.

Later I came across a cheep pair of shoes I had ordered on line and was not crazy about but for the price I paid it was not worth sending them back. I remembered the tutorial I had posted and picked up a bottle of outdoor Mod Podge at JoAnn's. I set it aside with the shoes and every time I looked at them I would think about my fabric stash and try to make a decision on which fabric to cover them with.

Fast forward a couple of months - I decided on this beautiful Stampin' Up! fabric in a trendy gold and white pattern with petite navy blue dots (remembering I have a cute pair of navy blue Capri's that would look great with it) - Motivation! Luv it!

I gathered my supplies -
shoes
fabric
scissors
Mod Podge (outdoor variety)
foam brush
craft knife



I've added a few pictures of the process - To see the full tutorial click Here









I cut tabs around the inside curve - this makes it easier to fold under.



Didn't they turn out sweet? It took me less than an hour to complete this process and then I let them dry overnight - Seriously! it was pretty quick.

I wore them today to the Stampin' Up! convention and they held up great. I Now have to find some more cheep shoes to transform. Just think - You could add jewels, pearls, lace, trim, buttons, tassels - The posibilities are endless. And did I mention that when you get tired of them you can re-do them.


 The Stampin' Up! fabric I used is  #126894 Comfort Cafe - includes 3 extra-wide fat quarters (37" x 18")  in 3 coordinated designs (One of which I used Here for my Knot-so-hard flip flops) can be purchased along with other Stampin' Up! products Here.


 I've now completed approximately 10-12 of the projects I've found on Pinterest - I've been so inspired and I'm pretty sure it's still cheeper than therapy.


Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.

Holly


5 comments:

  1. these shoes are so cute. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/surf-spray-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! What a great idea... can't believe I've never seen it on Pinterest. They turned out amazing. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...