Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vintage Barn Star Ornament

I picked up these cute paper mach barn stars at Hobby Lobby for my Christmas tree this year.

 
I was going for a vintage look and decided on the Christmas Lodge and Bells & Boughs Stamp Sets and First Edition Specialty Paper.
 
 
I stamped the Holly stamp from the Bells & Boughs Stamp Set in Always Artichoke ink.
 
 
Then used a blender pen to watercolor the berries with Cherry Cobbler ink.
 
 
I added sticky to the back of the paper with the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.



Cut the First Edition Specialty Paper down to 6 inch squares,

  
Peeled the backing off,

 
Then layed it onto the paper mach stars pressing it flat onto all surfaces.





 
I turned it over and using a hobby knife carefully cut away the excess paper.
I repeated this step on the back.

 
Not too worried about the bare edges, using Multipurpose glue and Champagne Glass Glitter, I covered the edges.
 


 
Hang to dry.

 
Meanwhile, I stamped Merry Christmas from the Christmas Lodge and Greetings of the Season Stamp Sets in Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke ink on strips of Very Vanilla card stock.

 
I use a square punch to create the flag ends (this can also be done with scissors).


 
 
Using a Stampin' Sponge and Crumb Cake ink - I shaded the edges of the flag.

 
I used a Bone Folder to break the fibers in the flag to create some movement.



 
Added Stampin' Dimensionals to the back in the center and ends to adhere to the star ornament.

 
Then added glitter to the edges of the flag using the Multi-purpose glue.
 
 
Once dry - I sprayed with adhesive and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamond Glitter.


 
They turned out beautiful (at least I think so).
 



 

 




 
Scattered among burlap bows and rusty jingle bell picks - I love it!
 
 
My tree topper star I made after seeing one at the Stampin' Up! Convention last year.
 
 
For my tree skirt I just wrapped the stand with burlap (the easiest tree skirt I've ever made).
 
 
 
 


Stampin' Up! Supplies:

Christmas lodge Stamp Set #123767 (w), #123769 (c)
Bells & Boughs Stamp Set #120831 (w), #121142 (c)
Greetings of the Season Stamp Set #128030 (w), #128033 (c)
First Edition Specialty Paper #121878
Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets #120805
Very Vanilla Card Stock #101650
Glass Stampin' Glitter - Champagne #120997
Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pad #126972
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad #126966
Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad #126975
Blender Pen #102845
1' Square Punch #124094
Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755
Bone Folder #102300
Stampin' Sponge #101610
Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter #102023

Additional Supplies:
Paper mach stars (Hobby Lobby)
Hobby Blade
Spray Adhesive

Stampin' Up products above along with other Stampin' Up! merchandise can be purchased HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome!

Holly














 
 





1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for Christmas tree decorations...
    Thanks for co-hosting Creative Corner hop..I am your new follower..
    Have a great day!
    http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...